Top Chef Schools in South Africa
Warwick’s Chef Training School, Hermanus, a Culinary Experience
Warwick’s Culinary Lecturing Team for Chef Cooking Courses
Kevin Warwick, principal and founder of the Warwick’s Chef School has worked in the hospitality industry for many years. He trained in Holland, South Africa and France. Warwick worked as head chef in some of the finer establishments in South Africa and owned a couple of his own catering establishments and restaurants. Warwick served on the South African Chef Association committee in the Western Cape, is a member of the Academy of Chefs and started the Hermanus Restaurateurs Association.
Warwick’s passion for fine food and teaching led to his opening of the Chef School to train classical culinary principals where he is supported by his full-time professional lecturers and assessors who share his enthusiasm for training students in the hospitality industry with a firm belief in a ‘hands-on’ approach and embracing future food trends.
Warwick’s Chef Training school has a wonderful team of full time and part time culinary lecturers, each an expert in their own field. They all have relevant industry and teaching experience and focus on a specialized subject such as Wine Appreciation, Butchery, Cake Decorating & Baking, Chocolate Work, Health & First aid and Fire Fighting.
Warwick’s Chef School Lecturing and Demonstrating
- Every day starts with a theory class in our lecture room, before going into our fully equipped training kitchen.
- Each student has their own working station and is provided with all equipment needed.
- Practical training takes place every day, and the basics of good hygiene, knife skills, kitchen fundamentals and organization is instilled while performing their various kitchen tasks.
- All ingredients for practical lessons are provided by the school and students also receive a daily lunch.
- The school also has a 100-seater function venue. This facility has its own realistic large industry kitchen where the students are involved together with and under the supervision of our lecturers and team of staff.
We believe that the more practical experience a young student chef has, the more confident and competent they become and the more they become aware and comfortable with the realities of our industry.