‘Cheffing is not a job, it’s a way of life’ – Kevin Warwick
Warwick’s Chef School – One Year Culinary Training Diploma
(Industry work experience included with this course)
Our full-time intensive culinary training course is run over a one-year period:
– First semester: Full time at the school with theory & practical training daily
– Second semester: Industry placement, gaining experience in 3 different establishments with once a week extended training at the school
– Final theoretical & practical examinations conducted at the end of the course
– Warwick’s Chef School Diploma
– City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation & Culinary Arts
- Lecturing & Demonstrations are performed daily, either morning or afternoon
- Practical training takes place on a daily basis at the school during the first semester
- Each student has their own fully equipped practical station
- Continual supervision and Evaluations by full-time lecturers ensuring a safe and disciplined school environment
- Students are encouraged to be creative during their daily practical sessions
- Theory classes are conducted in Warwick’s Chef School lecturing room, which includes a library of culinary books
- During the Second semester, students are placed in three different establishments in the industry and receive one day per week extended training at Warwick’s Chef School
(Industry placement is coordinated by the school and will further equip students with invaluable exposure to different environments in the culinary sector. This will help each student to decide on the appropriate direction they’d prefer to pursue as a career in the hospitality industry).
- On successful completion of the one-year program, students receive a Warwick’s Chef School Diploma, as well as a City & Guilds Diploma in Food Preparation & Culinary Arts.
As each field is suited to specific students, Warwick’s helps to guide graduates in the right direction to build a career path by gaining the right experience during their one-year training by introducing them to work in various industries.
Read more information about our Chef School Prospectus . . .
Warwick’s Six Month Culinary Training Certificate (Short Cooking Courses Cape Town, Hermanus)
Intensive Culinary Training over a six month period:
– Full time at the school with theory & practical training daily
– Warwick’s Chef School Certificate
– City & Guilds Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking Qualification
– Daily theoretical and practical work, focusing on the basic culinary fundamentals
– Students progress is continually monitored through tests and assessments
– Final Theory and Practical Examination conducted at the end of the course
On successful completion of the course, graduates receive a Warwick’s Chef School Certificate and City & Guilds International Certificate in Food Preparation & Cooking
Home l About l Course Outline l Enrol Online l Contact Us